111 - English, 18 February
111 - English, February
111 - English, April
111 - English, July
111 - English, November
111 - French, December
By the end of this workshop the learner will be able to apply the CSE Top Ten to a home network and mobile devices and implement countermeasures that reduces the risk of a cyber compromise. The workshop will focus on basic cyber security concepts and home network essentials. We will also discuss system settings to reduce online exposure and the implementation of defensive technologies. Also, the workshop will address business requirements and how to align security for your needs and also what to do in case of an incident.
- By the end of the workshop the learner will be able to:
- Apply the CSE Top Ten to a home network and mobile devices
- Implement countermeasures that reduces the risk of a cyber compromise
GC employees at all levels who wish to become more familiar with the cyber security landscape and become knowledgeable on how to protect classified and sensitive information on GC networks
In order to maximize the benefits of the hands-on exercises, participants are encouraged to have the following information handy on the day of the workshop:
- Public-facing IP address of their home network (can be obtained by Googling “what is my IP”)
- Brand and model of your ISP provided home router
- Brand and model of your internal Wi-Fi router (if applicable)
As the workshop is conducted in an unclassified setting, participants are encouraged to bring in a personal device for the exercises (cell phone, tablet, laptop).