By the end of this course the learner will gain a better understanding of cyber and IT security concepts as they relate to privacy matters, to the risks we all face, how to implement safer cyber security practices and be mindful of our cyber footprint. This course will also provide information on the Cyber Centre's role, reference material and methods for introducing cyber security into the classroom. In addition, this course will provide valuable information on potential careers streams and post-secondary options that can lead students to careers in cyber security.
- Define basic cyber/IT security terminology
- Describe the threats to privacy from online exposure
- Describe basic cyber/IT security protection measures
- List methods for introducing cyber security into the classroom
- Recall how to access resources on cyber security for teachers
- Describe the career streams that exist in cyber security
- Describe post-secondary options that can lead students to a career in cyber security
Schoolteachers who teach grades 4 to 12.