205 - English, May
205 - English, June
205 - English, October
205 - English, January
This course is designed primarily for Government of Canada (GC) personnel who will be appointed as part of the Communications Security (COMSEC) custodial staff in departments that have deployed the Electronic Key Management System (EKMS). The course is modular in design to allow learners to systematically learn the software in bite sized chunks. This course focuses on how EKMS allows for an automated approach to key management, using Local COMSEC Management Software (LCMS) as the accounting tool.
Learners will order, produce, store, and distribute electronic cryptographic keying material as well as account for locally stored and distributed physical COMSEC material.
- Handle COMSEC devices (e.g., Data Transfer Device (DTD), OMNI
- Use Local COMSEC Management Software (LCMS) as an accounting tool for COMSEC material
- Use Local Management Device/Key Processor (LMD/KP) to generate, encrypt and distribute electronic key
- Use Card Loader User Application Software (CLUAS)
It is mandatory that (GC) COMSEC custodial staff members, who are employed in departments that use LCMS to manage COMSEC material, attend this training. Other interested persons, such as the Chief Security Officers (CSO), Security Coordination Senior Officials and Departmental COMSEC Authorities (DCA), who may be granted privileges associated with ordering and distributing electronic key, should attend.
- Course 230 - COMSEC Account Management
- Job requirement
- Minimum Level II security clearance required
Participants must successfully complete a final exam for official certification.